Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin's Last Day (Original Composition)

I needed a few more pages of poetry for class, and decided that I would write a song to fulfill the requirement. The song discusses a pumpkin's journey to your pie crust from his own perspective. Lyrics are listed below the media player I apologize for the following:
  • The vocals - I'm not a singer (and I had the hardest time getting the microphone not to clip during the second part
  • The over-indulgent use of distorted guitar - I bought a new toy and wanted to play around :)
So without further ado, Pumpkin's Last Day:



Lyrics:

(Part 1)
Chilly air
Blows beneath the covers of the changing of the colors
I am sitting here
On soil where my family's graves have paved the way
For me

Trampling feet
Of children and their mothers and their oversized grey shovels
It's me they'll eat
I will die inside their ovens, my fate is sealed in morning muffins.

Pies, herbivorous demise.
My goodbye

Groceries,
Placed upon the counter, they share my final hour
Soon my seeds,
Roasted then devoured, they'll never plant and flower.

Pies, herbivorous demise.
My goodbye

(Part 2)

Bake me!
Scald me!
Melt my skin!
Rape me!
Scar me!
Scrape my insides out!

No comments:

Post a Comment